A new position is available at the EC Joint Research Centre in Ispra, Italy, within the rare diseases team of the Health in Society Unit. They are looking for an expert in information technology/computer science/data science for supporting the development of the European Platform on Rare Disease Registration (EU RD Platform).
The successful candidate will support the Group Leader and the rare diseases team:
- Bringing the expertise needed for providing scientific and technical support to the European RD Registry Infrastructure, optimising functionalities of the Central Metadata Repository (MDR), Directory of Registries, Search Broker, Data Warehouse and for linking the Platform with other RD relevant databases;
- Contributing to defining pipelines for data pre-processing, data analysis and modelling inside MDR and in connection with other databases;
- Making data machine readable, develop ontology data models, support provision of semantic interoperability.
The successful candidate:
- should have obtained an academic degree and/or experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, bioinformatics, information technology, mathematics.
- will be required to have a job-related experience of at least 3 years and skills/experience in data pre-processing, data analysis and modelling, development of databases and good programming skills.
Experience in the fields of semantics, ontologies, in AI/ML will be highly appreciated.
Experience with clinical data (e.g. electronic health records), biological data (e.g. molecular biology) would be an asset.
Strong analytical and conceptual skills combined with a quick apprehension are required, as well as communication and liaison, multitasking, working to (sometimes) tight deadlines.
Ability to work in a multidisciplinary context is required as well as a good knowledge of English (minimum requirement level B2, spoken and written).
A 36 months initial contract is offered, with possible renewals up to maximum 6 years.
More information available at https://recruitment.jrc.ec.europa.eu/showprj.php?type=A&id=1914
Deadline for the application: 16 March 2021.