New system for the Elections of the Steering Committee of the ENCR
Note: only the major points and the changes are mentioned
- Each registry has 5 votes
- Four representatives will be elected from the four candidates with the highest number of votes per UN geographical area Northern, Western, Southern and Central/Eastern Europe
- Another four candidates will be elected based on the highest number of votes (not taking into account the four that were already elected on the basis of the geographical areas)
- One representative of IACR
- One representative of IARC
- No representatives of other organizations, such as the Nordic countries or GRELL*
- Possibility of one opted representative
*GRELL and the Nordic countries have agreed with this proposal
Example of election results:
B, E, H and M will be elected on the basis of the geographical area
A, C, D and L will be elected on the number of votes
(Opted member: e.g. F or G, to be decided by the SC.)
The new rules for the election of ENCR Steering Committee members were proposed to the ENCR members at the ENCR General Assembly on 27 October 2018, in Copenhagen, Denmark.
ENCR Members are welcome to send their comments by 15 December 2018. A final decision will be made at the next ENCR Steering Committee meeting, 17 January 2019.