The ENCR Scientific Meeting and General Assembly provides the opportunity for all European cancer registries to have a face-to-face meeting. The purpose of the event is for the registries to share research findings, discuss cancer registration issues, exchange ideas and best practices, network, present epidemiological work based on cancer registry data and finally meet their representatives, the ENCR Steering Committee.
Meeting venue: Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
The meeting will run from 26 September (starts around 13:00) to 28 September (ends around 13:00). The language of the meeting and side events will be English.
|Abstract submission - New deadline||20 April 2018||31 May 2018|
|Request for financial support||1 May 2018||30 May 2018|
|Registration||1 June 2018||30 August 2018|
Abstracts to the ENCR Scientific Meeting may be submitted from 20 April to 31 May.
Abstract submission guidelines can be downloaded here.
The scientific sessions will cover topics such as:
1. Data linkage methods and cancer registries
2. Biobanks and cancer registries
3. Clinical databases and population based cancer registries
4. Occupational exposures and cancer registries
5. Estimation and dissemination of cancer burden in Europe
6. Data quality, control, and standards for cancer registries
To submit your abstract, please follow this link.
A preliminary agenda is available here.
Registration will be opened from 1 June until 30 August 2018.
The Joint Research Centre and the Danish Cancer Society will sponsor the ENCR Scientific Meeting, covering the organisation, venue, coffee breaks, lunches and the welcome reception. A limited budget is available for financial support to cover travel and/or accommodation. Support may be requested by filling in the respective application form. If the number of requests for financial support will exceed the available budget, preference will be given to:
- applicant affiliated with a ENCR cancer registry
- applicant is coming from a lower-income country
- a single applicant per Organisation
- date of application received
Accommodation support may be restricted to 2 nights.